Last night the Nantes MUG (MongoDB Users Group) had its second event. More than 45 people signed up and joined us at the Epitech school (thanks for this!). We were lucky to have 2 talks from local community members:
- The prototype was done with a single RDBMS instance
- With the success of the project MyScript Cloud the team had to move to a more flexible solution:
- Flexible schema to support heterogeneous structures,
- Highly available solution with automatic failover,
- Multi datacenter supports with localized read,
- This is when Mathieu looked at different solution and selected MongoDB and deployed it on AWS.
- Deploy and Manage a Replica Set is really easy, and it is done on multiple AWS data centers,
- Use the proper read preference (nearest in this case) to deliver the data as fast as possible,
- Develop with JSON Documents provides lot of flexibility to the developers, that can add new features faster.
- $match, $group, ...
- $unwind arrays
- $sort and $limit
As usual the event ended with some drinks and a late dinner!
This event was really great and I am very happy to see what people are doing with MongoDB, including storing ink like MyScript, thanks again to the speakers!
This brings me to the last point : MUGs are driven by the community. You are using MongoDB and want to talk about what you, do not hesitate to reach out the organizers they will be more than happy to have you.
You can find a MUG near you, look here.